Monday, January 21, 2013

Updates and Whatnots

October!  Apparently, life has been treating us very well or there certainly would have been a blogtherapy post much sooner than this.  Life is still treating us very well.  I was just on another blog which made me remember, "Oh, yeah!  I have a blog," which made me think "I really should update that thing."  So here we are.
Missouri 12-12: Bothwell Lodge
Since October, there have been a few noteworthy life events:  The Wylie East Raiders went three rounds into the playoffs.  It was so exciting!  Since then, Graham and I have adjusted nicely to having the coach in the house around a lot more.  Over the course of those 13 (?) football games, Graham developed quite the interest in "The Star Spangled Banner."  After listening to it online, at the games, and listening to Mommy sing it by request in the grocery store, car, throughout the house, he became quite good at singing (and conducting) it himself.


Preschool Holiday Party
Graham's preschool has had Halloween, Thanksgiving AND Christmas parties.  I was able to make the short little hop, skip and jump over to his school to be there for every one of them.  Seriously blessed in this "working mom" department.  Love, love, love, (love, love) that I am so close to him during the day.  When I pick him up I always say "I missed you today," to which G replies "Why, Mommy, your school is just right next door."
Preschool Halloween Parade through the elementary school
We had super holiday fun.  We made it up to Missouri for the first time over the holidays since before Graham was born.  It was really great to see my whole family...siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews, parents, and good friends.  Plus it snowed on our last day in town which meant some serious snowman-making and sledding business.  It was the perfect way to end the perfect trip home.


Today, Graham and I are out of school (MLK, Jr. Day), however Chad had to go in for a work day.  So, I am pretending I'm a stay at home mom just for the day.  Graham and I played in our p.j.'s, he helped me with laundry, we got his hair cut, ran the car to the gas station and through the car wash, met Dad for lunch, swung by the library, ("Mom, you know what we totally should do? We should totally go to the library today." Totally.) and now...quiet time.  Blog time.  Avoid the stacks of school work in the bag I haven't opened for 3 days time.

Next up, a nice little mid-winter get away to Great Wolf Lodge in February courtesy of Papa Richard and Nana, rocking and rolling on some home improvement projects (first up, yanking shrubs and landscaping out front), and spring!  It's just around the corner down here.  In fact, while G was napping yesterday, Chad, Scraps and I took full advantage of the near 70 degree weather to visit and soak up some sunshine.
Well, that was a nice little distraction.  I just spent a full hour weeding through 3 months worth of photographs just to deliver this little update.  FINE I'll tackle that school work now.  Fine.  I'm doing it. Right now.  Wait...I haven't checked out Facebook or Pinterest lately...

1 comment:

mom and dad said...

Some warm sun and relaxation sounds good; it's 17 here now. Lucky Scraps! He was a cold cat in Marshall.